Business signage needs to fulfil many objectives to be effective. Functionality, attention-grabbing appeal and engaging design are essential in an effective sign, and you need to decide whether traditional or digital printing will best-fulfil your brief.
We take a closer look at the advantages of each type of printing.
Hand-painted shopfront signs and neon banners are classic examples of traditional signwriting techniques that businesses still use today to draw attention to their brands, particularly brick and mortar shops. Traditional signs can be used to great effect on interiors and on the exterior of a shop to attract foot traffic.
Businesses continue to rely on traditional signage for a number of reasons:
- There is very little maintenance required once the signage is in place.
- There is more variety available in terms of style and the shape of the sign.
- It’s a cost-effective short-term option.
- No complicated wiring is required, which means that signs can be placed anywhere.
Digitally printed walls, lightboxes and LED signage are examples of digital signage. Advanced technologies have extended the product range of branding services extensively. Now businesses can choose to customise prints for a whole variety of surfaces such as glass, floors and even furniture. Digital printing on walls and floors is particularly effective in retail and corporate spaces where impact is essential.
In addition to the extended range of surfaces you can print on, digital signage is also popular for a number of other reasons.
- The signs are very durable.
- The bright screens and motion graphics grab attention quickly.
- Visuals can be changed and updated at any time with minimal effort.
- Initial set-up costs are relatively high, but digital signage is the more cost-effective option in the long run.
Your choice of signage production technique will, therefore, depend on a range of options including your budget, the location of the signage and the purpose. But, it may surprise you to learn that you don’t have to choose one or the other because you could use both.
Why not make the most of both traditional and digital signage? The options are endless so get in touch with the friendly team at Ausign who have all the expertise and experience to help you create the best signage in town.
Related Tag: Signage Company Melbourne