Car wrapping is a must-have for any business with company vehicles. An affordable way to create a long-lasting and mobile advertisement for your business, it also shows customers that you’re a professional and reliable organisation. At Ausign, we are specialists in car wrapping and we have many years of experience creating customised designs for Melbourne businesses. Not sure what car wrapping is? We have created this guide which includes everything you need to know about car wrapping and why you should consider it for your company cars.
What Is Car Wrapping?
A car wrap is a non-permanent vinyl decal or series of vinyl decals that attach to the body frame of a car. Available in various colours and with multiple design options ranging from matte to glossy, car wrapping allows you to completely transform your plain car into a mobile billboard for your business.
How Long Does a Car Wrap Last?
When maintained properly, a professionally applied car wrap can last between 3 and 5 years.
Maintaining the Wrap
- Keep your vehicle out of harsh weather conditions and outside elements as much as possible. Parking your car in direct sunlight every day will cause the vinyl material to break down faster so try to park your car regularly in a shaded area, carport or garage.
- Keeping the exterior of the car clean will also help with longevity. Regularly removing dirt, dust and debris will help keep the vinyl in good condition, however avoid high pressure hoses and abrasive cleaners.
Is a Car Wrap Easy to Remove?
The high quality adhesives used allow the car wrap to be easily removed within 5 years of installation. If the wrap is well-maintained, it will peel off simply and may take only a couple of hours. Once the vinyl is off, your car will be thoroughly washed to ensure any sticky residue is also removed.
Will Car Wrapping Cause Damage to the Vehicle?
Professional car wrapping film will not damage your paintwork. If you already have stone chips, abrasions or rust patches on your paintwork before installation, the wrap may pull loose paint off with it when the vinyl is removed.
What Are the Benefits of Vehicle Wrapping?
- Car wrapping creates an eye-catching, mobile advertisement for your business at a relatively low cost.
- Car wrapping offers you designs and styles not available with paint.
- You can wrap certain sections of your vehicle or choose a full car wrap. If you’d only like the sides or back wrapped, that is an option.
- It’s easily removed so that when you want to sell your vehicle or if you want to change the branding or message you can simply restore it to its original colour or update with a new wrap.
- Car wrapping can actually protect your paintwork against possible stone chips and minor abrasions.
Car wrapping is a long-lasting and highly effective advertising tool that every business with company cars should invest in. If you are looking for the best signage company to customise your vehicle, then look no further than Ausign. Work with our team to create the perfect design that works with the make and model of your car and gets your brand on the road and in front of thousands of potential customers on a daily basis. For more information or for a quotation call us today on (03) 9419 0970 or contact us online.